Case Manager Application
IUSASR Case Managers primarily help students build their cases and otherwise prepare for their judicial conferences, oftentimes attending these conferences as advisers. This position provides excellent experience working with clients on a personal basis, building arguments, and navigating judicial environments. There are excellent opportunities for advancement within the organization. Examples of post-grad opportunities pursued by past Case Managers include attending T-14 Law Schools and accepting management consulting positions.
In addition to working on cases of Academic and Personal Misconduct, Case Managers may also be asked to assist students with filing official university complaints and to facilitate peer-to-peer mediation. Becoming involved with mediation requires an additional training session, added on to general Case Manager training.
Selected candidates will begin working with the department immediately, undergoing training this spring.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Outstanding inter-personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Genuine desire to help peers facing difficult times
- Willingness to step outside of comfort zone
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work and research independently
- Prior experience on a campus judicial board or student government experience preferred
- Interest in being trained in peer-to-peer mediation or restorational conflict resolution highly desired
Available Positions: 4 - 6